Tool with Indexable Inserts
- Dovetail pocket design absorbs and carries high cutting forces and high rigidity
- Large variety of thread forms and standards
- Most inserts are double-sided with two cutting edges
- Enables production of precision threads on CNC milling machines and machining centers, using helical interpolation programs
- For internal or external threads that are not located on the rotation axis of the part
- For precision threading
- Prevents chip jamming, which commonly occurs when when tapping
- Cost advantage over tapping for large diameters
- Eliminates regrinding
- A single insert can be used for many diameters with the same pitch, for right or left thread
- Tapered threads do not require taper reaming
- Eliminates the removal of broken taps in holes
- Metric: 9.5-50 mm
- Imperial: 0.37-1.97"
- Metric: 63-100 mm
- Imperial: 2.48-3.94"
12, 14, 21, 30, 40 mm
For more information about the MILLTHREAD line, click here.